Are you looking for how to find a niche for bogging or start a blog site?
When starting a blog or business, in the very first beginning it is very important to find a niche market or target market audience for their business.
That is the key to success in running a business or blog for the long term. In the beginning, choose the right niche might be tough for the newbies.
However, if you pick the right niche you will able to succeed within a few months or years.
For your success this How To Find A Niche For Blogging – 6 Steps For Beginners article will help you.
What is a niche market or target audience? – niche definition
A niche market is the subject of the subset of the market on which a specific product-focused. The market niche defines the product features aimed at satisfying specific market needs, as well as the price range, production quality and the demographics that it is intended to target. It is also a small market segment.
The niche market is a unique subset of a larger market with its own particular needs and preferences which might be different from the large market.
The niche market does not mean small. But it involves a specific niche or target audience with a specialized offering. It is a small and unique segment of an overall market and focused on one particular topic.
The niche market is a highly specialized market, and aiming to survive among the competition from numerous companies.
So, established companies create products for different niches and sub-niches. In the niche, you can completion with quality of products, prices and brand recognition.
Niche markets often created by identifying what a customer wants.
Because companies know what the customer needs and then companies try to deliver a better solution to a customer’s needs and to the problems which were still not presented by other companies in the niche.
What makes a niche?
As we said above, the niche market is with its own
particular needs and preferences.
So it can be future refined or divided by the particular needs and preferences of its constituents. Some of the popular ways to define a niche are based
- Price (high, moderate, discount)
- Demographic base (gender, education level, age, income level)
- Geographic (the buyer’s precise location)
- Level of quality (high, moderate, low, cheap, premium)
- Psychographics (values, interests, attitudes)
- Lifestyle (High, middle, law)
- Social or political
- Activity or habits
- Profession and behavior
What is niche marketing?
In the above, we discuss what is the niche market? Niche market and niche marketing are different topics but both of them are interconnected two topics.
The niche market is the “unique subset of a larger market with its own particular needs and preferences which might be different from the large market.”,
Niche marketing is an advertising strategy that focuses
on a unique target market/Niche.
What are the advantages of niche marketing?
- There is a little competition under the market segments
- Easy to become the market leader and price monopoly and if it is blogging, a lot of traffics and income.
- Easy to create a strong relationship with the customers because your blog/audience is operating in a small segment
- Easy to get customer loyalty and brand aware
- Easy to builds a strong and longer-lasting relationship with customers
- Allows brands to differentiate themselves and appear as a unique authority
- Can achieve a high margin
- In blogging, you can get a high blog traffics and make income
- Help readers or customers to find proper answers and solutions to their searching or questions from your chosen niche.
- You will eventually have more than hundreds of articles based on the hundreds of low competition keywords.
- Not only perform by one keyword, targeting by all keywords.
- Start as very small steps, but gradually grow to success continues.
- You got the quality traffic from the search engines
How To Find A Niche For Blogging?
You need to find the unique subset of a larger market with its own particular needs and preferences which might be different from the large market.
If you haven’t any idea about what niche to choose? Please read our niche ideas.
Or you can find tending niches from Google searching and Google trending.
Find the perfect niche is an essential component of success in your blog or business.
How to know did you find the right niche?
- You are interested in starting a long term working process with this niche
- You know enough about this niche to easily create hundreds of content ideas around that niche
- Easy to find hundreds of low competition keywords
- Easy to find long-tail keywords
- There are many people searching for your topics and received the quality traffic
- Easy to create potential products from this niche
- Easy to think any unique angle
- There are paying audience (advertisers, sponsors) for this blog niche
- The topic is trending upward on Google Trends
- There are a lot of resources to get data such as Books, magazine, Researches
- There are good trends to your topics (Google trends)
How To Find A Niche For Blogging – 6 Steps For Beginners
Read the below step by step guide to know How To Find A Niche For Blogging?
1. Pick a topic or niche you will enjoy in writing and engaging
Enjoy a blog or online business can be an enjoyable process only if you chose the right niche.
If you chose the wrong niche you will lose your interest after the few months. So pick up a right, profitable and interested niche is very important to you to success in your blogging journey as well as make money online.
Would you have several niche ideas in your mind and struggling to pick a perfect niche for your blog? Don’t worry that is a normal thing.
You have to do a few types of research one by one niche then you choose the perfect, interested and most profitable niche among your researches.
For finding your niche use 3 ‘P’s’ theory.
1.Purpose – Will you blog for profit, pleasure or both? If it is for profit you need to choose the profitable niche and work hard.
2. Passion – You are passionate enough about the topic for it to be a long-term commitment
3. Profit – You should have ways to make a profit from your hard-working.
2. Do research about industry or niche
After picked perfect niche, you need to do deep research about your niche to understand what is your selected niche? What are the target audience’s needs and wants, what are there expecting, how many competitors are there? and do SWOT analysis Etc.
If you need to do research about your niche for blogging, you need to do some keyword research to understand your niche. With that, you can understand its competition level and global monthly search volume.
By doing that you can get an idea about your niche probability.
As an example, Travelling is one of your favorite hobbies and you want to start a travel blog.
The first step you will need to be checking it’s global or area basis monthly search volume and its profitable keywords.
For do research about your niche, you need to take help of free and paid SEO tools
Pick a Niche through keyword sampling
One of the keys to success with pick the right niche for your niche site is Keyword Research. It is not forced to pick only based on the keywords. You can blog about what would you like to blogging.
That depends on your interest of the topic and niche. But the main importance of the keyword is Those will help you to rank higher and faster in Google and other search consoles, you need to pick the right keywords that people are searching on google.
Your chosen niche can be about your hobby, work, experience, profession, or knowledge or reviews and guides. Just pick up a topic that you will enjoy in writing. So you will never lose your interest after a few months ago.
In blogging, for doing proper research you can use SEO tools such as Ubersuggest(free), Google Keyword Planner (free), Ahrefs(paid), SEMrush(paid), Moz(paid) and Kwfinder(free).
By using that tool, you can see what ideas might be out there and how about your competitors. Ubersuggest is a keyword suggestion tool that provides variations of a phrase or words that people those people are searching for and full analysis of your competitors.
Do in-depth keywords research.
If you are looking to start an affiliate, Shopify or eCommerce related web site, you can use Amazon.com and Google trending.
You can browse amazon product categories to get an idea about what are the popular products, categories, and trends.
3. Competition Analysis
Once you have identified your niche idea which you chose, you need to validate that it is a reasonable idea.
For that you need to do a competitive analysis to see is there are competitors in your niche? Who are they? What are their strengths, and products? What all those brans are already doing? What are the barriers to entry to the market?
For Competition Analysis you can get help from SEO tools.
It will help you to easily reveal your competitors’ SEO strategy details and their SEO mistakes.
How to find your niche competitive level and where you need to focus on success
Step 01 – Search your chosen topics on Google Search to get an idea about your competitors’.
Step 02 – find and take a close look at your top 10 competitor’s sites and collect the below details.
- Competitor’s site age, domain authority, page authority, trust score.
- Check the content uniqueness, quality, and length.
- Is there are anything they are doing poorly and can you do it better than them?
- Is there are missing anything in their content?
- Are they consistent with posting new articles?
- Are they posting regularly for a schedule?
- From where they are received backlinks? Is that possible for you to get a backlink from those same or relevant sources?
Those questions will help you to get a better understanding of your competitors very thoroughly.
Find on your topics and your competitors’ details then, if competition and authority values are low or medium, you can get good organic traffic with less effort.
So you can rank your target keywords quickly and that niche can be ideal for you and have a chance to get quick success in your niche.
4. Identify your strengths and interests
Start by considering what you going to offer and what you’re best at.
Do your own and brand SWOT analysis to identify your brand’s unique strengths, perspectives and qualities of yourself, your brand, your team, and your offering.
Also, consider what are your interests which areas that you
enjoy working in and the people you like working with.
It will help you to identify your strengths and interests and decide who you are most eager to serve.
This step will be made easy by answering the below questions,
- What specific problems do you solve?
- What problems can you solve better than your competitors?
- Where do you know a lot about it?
- Where do you especially excel?
- Who do you and your team like to serve?
5. Get to know your ideal customer
You need to look closely at your target audience and identify what they want, need, expecting, how are their product choices more likely to be influenced by advertising or word of mouth? because by getting to know your ideal customer can help you offer them a better product, service.
It will help you to build a strong relationship and a long-term loyal customer base.
Once there is a strong familiarity with your ideal customers
and their needs, your marketing plans and strategies can be developed easily.
6. Choose, Test, Adjust and repeat
After you start your blog/business and set up a niche marketing campaign, you cannot wait and watch till achieving the results that you want.
You must test your initial idea, review the results, keep in touch with every aspect of business and continue to adjust accordingly.
Before you officially publish your topics make sure to post a few samples of your content in social media such as Facebook, Linkedin.
Also, post a few sample posts in your blog site and see how to respond to your audience for your posted sample contents. From that, you can get positive and negative responses.
If you got a positive response, you are welcome to post your content and publish your niche site.
If you got a negative response, Rethink about your contents, written style, and chosen niche.
Always try to choose profitable topics and continue to develop your blog.
Your first idea maybe not a success as you except. But don’t give up your try.
To avoid the failures, you need to test and see is it working successfully and do adjustments and repeat that process until your success.
I hope the above step by step guide for How To Find A Niche For Blogging – 6 Steps For Beginners will help you to succeed in your blogging and make money online journey. And if you need to add more on How To Find A Niche For Blogging – 6 Steps For Beginners or have any suggestions on please share with us in the comments section below.