Are you looking for How To Start A Food Blog And Make Money? Right!
Are you a master in the kitchen? Or
Are you need a blog site for your food business? Or
Are you interest to share your cooking secrets with others?
Then, this is about how to start a food blog?
Do you like food?
Yes, everyone likes foods.
From country to country, province to province, culture to culture there are a lot of differentiated foods or sometimes there are a lot of recipes to cook one food with different tastes.
Most people like to try new recipes and read them. Most people maintaining a food blog with their food business. Some people interested to share their food recipes with others as a hobby or a profession.
Today blogging is more popular because with little money and internet connection everyone can. You can run a blog from your home.
By advertising, sponsoring, affiliating and monetizing you can make money for your pocket. Not only money you can turn it out to be a fun and profitable community.
Those blogs are popular and can be easy to post if you have food recipes, also it is easy to monetize and get views.
However, it is also like other work-at-home methods. So it was a highly competitive method. So you need to do more dedicate your time and works to your blog.
You can make money from your recipes. Also, Know the secrets to make money online will help you to make easy to work at home money making methods.
However, if you are not techy and expert in cooking that can be a challenge in the beginning. then you have to learn How To Start A Food Blog And Make Money?
Just like other popular niches such as fashion, health, and travel, food is a broad topic. With the right approach, rich content, written skill, a well-formulated plan and uniqueness you can fill the market and make a strong place in the market.
Because of the food blog, you don’t need to only post the recipes, you can post other contents such as reviews, tips and tricks, guides too.
How To Start A Food Blog And Make Money – Step by Step Guide
Building your own food blog is not a difficult task.
However before post the first food recipe you should take some time to know very well about Blogging.
The below step by step guides how to start a food blog and make money will help you to start a food blog.
1. Do the research and decide what kind of food blog you need to start.
When blogging it is very important to choose the right niche for your blog site.
In the main niche, there are so many sub-niches. So you can decide what kind of food blog you write for which niche or sub-niche.
What will you be writing about?
First, you need to decide what is your audience. And what kind of topics or subtopics your blog is going to focus on?
For that, you need to do research to find out Who are your competitors? What are they already doing? What kind of area did they cover? and Find out what is their style and content? then try to come out with the different and uniqueness with originality.
- You can write about traveling the world and testing the signature of meals
- You can share your food recipes with the world with food photography or cooking videos
- If you are an expert in certain types of food recipes such as Thai, Indian, Arabic foods? You can focus on that.
- If you are written about sub-niches, there will be a law competition
- Do not limit to the text-only. You can add images and videos too.
- You can choose recipes about Seasonal foods, International cuisine, Festival foods, kitchen tips and tricks, Restaurant reviews, market reviews, cooking courses, and hot sales and coupons.
- Wines and champagne
- Craft beer
- Cooking Tips
- Home-cooked meals
- Healthy foods
- Kitchen equipment
- Coffee or tea
2. Choose a brandable domain name and register your domain
Because your whole image, brand and all the identity will be built based on the name. When naming your blog, you need to get a few times and decide the best name for your blog site.
Your blog name should be reflective of your target niche which you have chosen. See tips for naming your blog.
- Your name needs to set the tone of all your branding efforts
- To decide a better name for your food blog, read how to choose the best domain name for your blog site.
- If it is still difficult, then use the blog name generator tool to finding a better name
- Finally, do not forget to search for the availability of your chosen name. If it is available, register your domain quickly
- See how to choose the best domain register and what are the qualities of best domain registers
- Always try to go with the .com extension
My recommendation is Namecheap. You can purchase a domain
name for law price without any hidden costs.
3. Decide a good blogging platform
When choosing a blogging platform, people do the biggest mistake by starting with a wrong blogging platform.
What are the best blogging platforms? There are a lot of blogging platforms such as blogger, WordPress.com, Wordpres.org. those are different from each other.
If you are new to blogging, still haven’t a better knowledge about blogging and if you haven’t enough money to expend for your blog site, Blogger blogging platform is the best platform for you. Because it is free of charge.
Also not require expert knowledge about hosting or blogging. Read how to add a custom domain to a blogger?
If you can spend little money, you can choose the WordPress platform. It is a good resources platform more than blogging platforms.
WordPress.com provides the platform and hosting facility for a price.
WordPress.org is free, only you have to download WordPress.org software and install it to the hosting provider’s account. So in WordPress.org, you have to expend some money to buy a hosting provider to host and set up your WordPress.org site by ourselves.
I highly recommended WordPress.org for your food blog because it gives full access to at all WordPress features and it is well resources.
The most important thing is you can make money from your blog without any limitations such as blogger and WordPress.com.
Still wonder how to choose the right blogging platform for your food blog, the read our article on how to choose the right blogging platform for your blog site?
4. Choose the best hosting provider
As well as blogging platforms, there are a lot of Hosting providers such as Namecheap, Bluehost, Dreamhost and etc.
If you are selected, Blogger and WordPress.com as your blogger platform you don’t need to hurry to purchase a hosting provider because they provide the free hosting service.
But if you choose WordPress.org as your blogging platform you have to purchase the hosting service from the second party.
You have to be very careful when choosing the right hosting provider for hosting your food blog. Those providers are different from each other from their prices and features.
First, you need to decide what are the best qualities of a good hosting provider and who is the best hosting provider.
My best recommendation is Namecheap Hosting. Because you can get a quality hosting service at a low price.
5. Install WordPress or blogger on your web hosting account
If you are using WordPress.org After you purchased the hosting service you need to log in to your hosting dashboard (cPanel).
After logging in the scroll down and click on the WordPress icon. Then add your domain name to other required details of your food blog and click on install.
It will have the required WordPress theme to install, Skip it and do it later. After completed you will receive the login URL and password. Change the password later.
If you are you using a blogger platform, you are not required to complete this step because it required only add a domain name for your blog.
6. Choose a suitable theme for your food blog
Your food blog design and appearance display Based on your chosen WordPress theme. So be careful to choose the best theme for your blog.
There are thousands of free and paid WordPress themes that you can install your food blog.
However, not all themes are not suitable for a food blog. So take a few times and think and match. You can change your theme at any time.
To install and customize the theme, follow the instruction in the theme file.
7. Add plugins
If you need to bring more traffic to your food recites from search engines like google and Bing, then you need to make your blog SEO friendly.
Not only that, sometimes you need to add more features to your blog. For that, you can get support from WordPress Plugins. There are thousands of free and paid plugins.
To get the best result to write your recipes by using Schema.org formatting. That format allows search engines to display extra information like rating, preparation time, etc. in the search result. To get the best result use plugin such as WP Recipe Maker plugin
Also, add security and SEO plugin. Always remember to add a few add-ons, not too much
8. Write food recipes and keep updating
Welcome to blogging. Now you have your own blog to publish your food recipes. Then you can start to write good quality food recipes.
When writing food receipts and other content always remember to add value and uniqueness for your blog content.
Your content should be able to attract more readers. So use images and videos.
9. Use SEO for your food blog
If you need to bring more readers to your food blog and optimize for search engines, you need to apply On-page and Off-page SEO tricks and tips.
In WordPress, You can install SEO plugin such as Yoast, Rankmaths and etc.
Also, make your blog more mobile-friendly. Then most people can visit your blog. Add value for your content. Create more interesting, fun, unique and SEO friendly content.
Do you need more details about SEO? Read how to optimize your blog SEO and Rank in Google.
10. Reach out to your audience
Get more traffic to your blog by marketing and promote your blog. For that, you need to know how to brand your business and tips for branding your business. For that, you can use advertising and social media promotions.
If you have more traffic to your food blog, you will have more blog’s earnings. If you have more visits, it helps to more earnings, Brand recognition.. It is a powerful resource to bring quality traffic to your site.
How to get more traffics to your food blog?
1. Start building an email list using Newsletters
2. Create a YouTube channel for your blog and making videos of your recipes
3. Useyour food recipes
4. Create some great followers
5. Write a guest post in other sites
6. Join facebook and other social media communities related to your food niche.
11. Monetarize and start to make money
After you have added a few best recipes and content with some traffic, it is time to start making money from your food blog. There are different ways to start making money from your food blog.
What are the effective ways to monetize and make money from
your food blog?
1. Selling eBooks with your food recipes
2. Install WooCommerce for your blog
3. Display ads using Google AdSense and other ad networks
4. Affiliate marketing such as amazon.com
5. Online courses
The above steps will help you to start a food blog and make money easily. If you need more details about blogging, you can get more knowledge from reading our blogging section. Also, the below tips will help you to succeed in your food blog.
Tips for success in How to start a food blog and make money
1. Post a food recipes article on a regular schedule such as daily or weekly and stick to it
2. Always create your own style and uniqueness. Write natural, easy to understand and friendly
3. Optimize On-page and Off-page SEO tricks and tips
4. Keep your articles more than 600 words
5. Post images and videos those support to your content
6. Always try to add value to readers
7. Don’t copy content
8. Always try to be more than just other bloggers on the internet
9. Add your homemade food recipes images
I think the above detail will help you to start a food blog
for your business or as your hobby.
It will help you to make extra money for your pocket and be your own boss in your own business.
I hope the above step by step guide for how to start a food blog and make money online will help you to succeed in your blogging and make money online journey. And if you know more about How To Start A Food Blog And Make Money online or have any suggestions on please share with us in the comments section below.