Are you looking for how to start a gaming blog and make money?
Are you a gaming lover or a gaming professional? Or
Are You looking to share your gaming experiences with the world audience? Or
Decided to start a game blog and make money, but still, you have no idea how to go about it?
Then you are in the right place. Gaming is a great and interesting topic to write a blog.
Blogging is very popular today because with an internet connection and little money everyone can start a blog and run it from their home.
By advertising, sponsoring, affiliating and monetizing you can make extra money for your pocket. Not only money. Also, you can turn your blog out to be a fun and profitable community.
As well as gaming, another type of blogs such as fashion, health, lifestyle, tech and food, gaming is quite famous in blogging, especially between 12-30 people.
There are millions of gaming blogs those related to the gaming niche.
Almost more than 75% of most blogs go into failure and few of them rise up to the next level of success. With the right approach, right guiding, rich content with good writing ability and uniqueness persistence you can fill the market successfully.
It takes a few months or years to be a success for the easy high life from your gaming blog. But the way that you have to go to that easy life is not easy.
Most of the successful gaming bloggers had to go through possibly years of not much income, also there is a lot of hard works behind their success.
What do you need to start a Gaming blog?
The gaming blog requires you to own a few types of equipment. Because to write a post about gaming you have to get a better understand of games.
For that, you need to play games. Then you got 100% of experience with which you are blogging.
You want to own video games and gaming PC and required
console and Games ASAP.
If you planning to Vlogging or make YouTube videos you need a good camera and quality mic.
Also, you need faster internet and capture cards and video cards. Those can be a bit of an investment at the beginning.
However, as a start, developing a gaming blog is not as simple as it appears. If you are thinking of becoming to successful gaming blogger, you have to work hard. Also, there is heavy competition from other bloggers. That progress can take years.
As soon as you start your blog, you cannot make money from it. There are a lot of works to do behind that blog. You need to dedicate some money, little time and effort for your blog.
The below step by step guide will help you to get an idea about how to start a gaming blog and make money.
How To Start A Gaming Blog And Make Money – Step By Step Guide
1. Do the research and choose a niche
When blogging it is very important to choose the right niche for your gaming blog. In the main niche, there are so many sub-niches. So you can decide what kind of gaming blog you write for which kind of niche.
Also, you need to probably define it even further. Also, you should choose the right niche that you are passionate about. Also, it wanted to be a topic or niche that people are looking to read on.
If you are choosing a niche that people are searching for, then you will able to have a chance of getting a lot of traffic for your blog. If you have good traffic, you can earn money by monetizing your blog traffic.
But remember there are a lot of other gaming blogs out there, so you need to provide a good reason to read your blog.
So be careful with choosing a gaming niche. Think and identify something that you can write well related to your gaming niche that makes your blog more interesting.
A specific aspect of gaming or a Gaming + another topic can be a great way to help you to find your niche.
What will you be writing about?
First, you need to decide what is your audience? What their needs? And what kind of topics that your blog is going to focus on?
For that, you need to do research to find out Who is your audience? Who are your competitors? What are your competitors already doing? What kind of area did they cover? and Find out what is their blogging style and content? then try to come out with the different and uniqueness with originality.
- Gaming News and Speculation
- You can focus on a specific console brand such as Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and etc
- Video games
- Reviews or playing guides
- Tips and Tricks
- Pc and Mobile games
- Gaming guides, Tips, and Tricks
- Gaming Hardware or consoles review
- Game development topics
- Esports events and news
- Interviews with industry leaders and game players
2. Choose a unique blog name and register your domain
When you are going to start a blog site, business or anything, its name will be taken a specific place. Because your whole image, brand and your blog identity will be built based on your chosen name.
When naming your blog, you need to get a few times and decide the best name for your blog site. Your blog name should be reflective of your target niche which you have chosen.
- Your name needs to set the tone of all your branding efforts
- It should be short and sweet
- To decide a better name for your gaming blog, read how to choose the best name for your blog site.
- If it is still difficult, then use the blog name generator tool to find a better name
- Finally, do not forget to search for the availability of your chosen name. If it is available, register your domain quickly
- See how to choose the best domain register and what are the qualities of best domain registers
- Always try to go with the .com extension
- Think long term
- Don’t use similar names to your competitors’ names
My recommendation is Namecheap. You can purchase a
domain name for law price without any hidden costs.
3. Decide a good blogging platform
When choosing a blogging platform, people do the biggest mistake by starting with a wrong blogging platform.
There are a lot of blogging platforms such as blogger, WordPress.com, Wordpres.org. those are different from each other.
If you are new to blogging, still haven’t a better knowledge about blogging and if you haven’t enough money to expend for your blog site, Blogger blogging platform is the best platform for you.
Because it is free of charge and provides free subdomain. Also not require expert knowledge about hosting or blogging. Blogger is belonging to Google. So you can smoothly use it with your Gmail address.
If you can spend little money, you can choose the WordPress platform. It is a good resource platform more than other blogging platforms.
WordPress.com provides the platform and hosting facility for a price. If you need WordPress.com will provide a free subdomain.
WordPress.org is free, only you have to download WordPress.org software and install it to the hosting provider’s account. So in WordPress.org you only need to expend some money to buy a hosting provider to host and set up your WordPress.org site by ourselves.
I highly recommended WordPress.org for your gaming blog because it gives full access to at all WordPress features and it is well resources. The most important thing is you can make money from your blog without any limitations such as blogger and WordPress.com.
Still wonder how to choose the right blogging platform for your gaming blog, the read our article on how to choose the right blogging platform for your blog site?
4. Choose the best hosting provider
As well as blogging platforms, there are a lot of Hosting providers such as Namecheap, Bluehost, Dreamhost and etc.
If you are selected, Blogger and WordPress.com as your blogger platform you don’t need to hurry to purchase a hosting provider because they provide the free hosting service.
But if you choose WordPress.org as your blogging platform you need to purchase the hosting service from the second party.
You have to be very careful when choosing the right hosting provider for your gaming blog. Those providers are different from each other from their prices and features.
First, you need to decide what are the best qualities of a good hosting provider and who is the best hosting provider.
What are the factors to consider when buying a hosting service?
- Customer service and support
- Prices and additional cost or hidden costs
- Free domain available or not
- Ease of set up
- Money-back guarantee
- Recommendations from your friends and bloggers
- Affiliate offers availability
My best recommendation is Namecheap Hosting. Because you can get a quality hosting service at a low price.
5.Install WordPress or blogger on your web hosting account
If you are using WordPress.org After you purchased the hosting service you need to log in to your hosting dashboard (cPanel).
After logging in the scroll down and click on the WordPress icon. Then add your domain name and other required details of your gaming blog and click on install.
It will have required a WordPress theme to install, Skip it and do it later. After completed you will receive the login URL and password. Change the password later.
If you are you using a blogger platform, you are not required to complete this step because it required only add a domain name for your blog.
6. Choose a suitable theme for your gaming blog
Your gaming blog design and appearance display Based on your chosen WordPress theme. So be careful to choose the best theme for your blog.
There are thousands of free and paid WordPress themes that you can install your gaming blog. however, not all themes are not suitable for a gaming blog. So take a few time and think and match.
You can change your theme at any time. To install and customize the theme, follow the instruction in the theme file.
7. Add plugins
If you need to bring more traffic to your gaming blog from search engines like google and Bing, then you need to make your blog SEO friendly.
Not only that, sometimes you need to add more features to your blog. For that, you can get support from WordPress Plugins. There are thousands of free and paid plugins.
To get the best result to write your gaming posts by using Schema.org formatting. That format allows search engines to display extra information like rating, preparation time, etc. in the search result.
Also, add security, image optimize and SEO plugins. Always remember to add a few add-ons, not too much
8. Write content and keep updating
Congratulations! You have started your own gaming blog. Now
it is time to start your blogging journey.
Now you have your own blog to publish your gaming posts. Then you can start to write good quality gaming posts. You should have plenty of content on what you choose from. When writing gaming content always remember to add value and uniqueness for your blog content.
Your contentment should be an engaging style Your content should be able to attract more readers. So use images, audios, graphics, and videos. Find your voice and stick with it in blog writing.
It is better to make a blog content strategy before you get into your blog. It will help you to plan out your content for the weeks or months ahead. It will help you to make a bank of blog posts and post it on a regular schedule.
Add beautiful images for your blog posts. So you need to improve a bit of knowledge about photography and usage of soft wares like Photoshop
. If you can start with your own photos or high-quality free or paid stock photos without copyright.
Always add value to your content and readers’ lives, and Create engaging and relevant content.
As most of the games are pricey, a lot of people want to hear about that game from others. So they will search and browse the information.
For that you want to help your readers to solve their problems and provide answers to their problems and what are they looking for. That is the only way you can get great quality readers and traffic. That will help your long-term success.
- Provide original and unique content with some fun.
- Write more than 600 words in the post (2000+ is better) with proper keyword usage
- Try your best to explain gaming matters professionally without any boring
- To improve your content, you can keep in touch and read and watch about other gaming bloggers and get an idea and make it your own style without copying them.
- Not only that, but you also need to speed up your blog load speed to give the expressive experience for your readers. Also, it will help to improve your site SEO.
- Add About Me, Contact, Terms, Copyright and Privacy pages.
- Update your blog on a regular basis
9. Use SEO for your gaming blog
If you need to bring more readers to your gaming blog and optimize for search engines, you need to apply On-page and Off-page SEO tricks and tips.
In WordPress, You can install SEO plugin such as Yoast, Rankmaths and etc.
Also, make your blog more mobile-friendly. Then most people can visit your blog. Always try to add value to your content. Create more interesting, fun, unique and SEO friendly content.
When people searching on search engines such as Google, people are most likely to read through the results on the first page and most possibly second page. Those first page results are come up with the best content and SEO. So You need to bring your blog to be one of them.
Do you need more details about SEO? Read how to optimize your blog SEO and Rank in Google.
10. Reach out to your audience and promote
You need to get readers for your great blog posts. Get more traffic and boost your blog by marketing and promote your blog.
In gaming blogs, you need to get activated in your social media such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Quota and etc. If still, you are not in them, strongly advise embracing all forms of social media.
Always remember to keep using the same user name of your blog in every social media.
If you have more traffic to your gaming blog, you will have more blog’s earnings. If you have more visits, it helps to get more earnings, strong Brand recognition.
How to get more traffics to your gaming blog?
- Find another blogger that has the same audience and offer a collaboration to play games together, make blog posts, and review games.
- Optimize your blog SEO and load speed
- Start building an email list using Newsletters
- Create a YouTube channel for your blog and making videos of your reviews
- Use social media to promote your gaming guides
- Create some great followers
- Write a guest post in other sites
- Join Facebook and other social media communities
- Engage with your audience
- Do Advertise via ad networks and social media
11. Monetarize and make money with your blog
If you need to make an income from your blog, that will take longer to develop. For making more income you need a bigger audience.
So you really have to work hard on promoting your gaming blog and improve the content and SEO.
After you have added a few best gaming posts and content with some traffic, it is time to start making money from your gaming blog. There are different ways to start making money from your gaming blog.
What are the effective ways to monetize and make money from
your gaming blog?
- Write eBooks
- Install WooCommerce for your site
- Display ads using Google AdSense and other ad networks (Banner ads)
- Affiliate marketing programs such as Amazon.
- Sponsored ads and posts
- Participate in gaming tournaments
- Sell ad space
- Build gaming websites and sell them
You can go to 6 figures in income. But that does not happen overnight. Be patient.
Also read, Secrets to make money online.
The above steps will help you to start a gaming blog easily. If you need more details about blogging, you can get more knowledge from reading our blogging section.
Also, the below tips will help you to succeed in your gaming blog.
Tips for success in your gaming blog
- Concentrate only on your gaming blog
- Post a gaming article on a regular schedule such as daily or weekly and stick to it
- Always create your own style and uniqueness. Write natural, easy to understand and friendly
- Optimize On-page and Off-page SEO
- Keep your articles more than 600 words
- Post images and videos those support to your content
- Always try to add value to readers
- Don’t copy others content
- Always try to be more than just other bloggers on the internet
- Always keep learning
- Be careful with your uploading images
- Speed up your blog load speed
- Reference other blogs
- Be passionate and let your personality
- Always be honest and be transparent with what you are writing
- Find your voice and makes your writing feel more alive and more real
- Keep it simple
- Promoting your blog should be part of the work of writing blog posts
- Keep in touch with Google trends
- Use different types of media
I think the above detail will help you to start a gaming blog and make money or as your hobby or profession. It will help you to make extra money for your pocket and be your own boss in your own business.
I hope the above step by step guide for how to start a gaming blog and make money online will help you to succeed in your blogging and make money online journey. And if you need to add more on how to start a gaming blog and make money online or have any suggestions on please share with us in the comments section below.